One SC Fund, SC Flood Relief
In response to the devastating floods in our region, the Foundation established the One SC Fund, formerly the SC Flood Relief Fund.
The fund has been endorsed by the Midlands Regional Mayors and has received financial support from corporations, foundations and individuals across the Midlands and our state.
On November 16th, Governor Haley announced her endorsement of the flood fund. The role of the fund is to help bridge the funding gap in order to rebuild our state and help folks resume their lives.
The Governor has recruited a team of notable South Carolinians who are helping promote giving to the fund, including David Beasley, Tajh Boyd, Stephen Colbert, Jay Hass, Marcus Lattimore, Edwin McCain, Bob McNair, Craig Melvin, Chris Randolph, Jerry Richardson, Joe Riley, Darius Rucker, Steve Spurrier, Dawn Staley, Dabo Swinney and Anita Zucker.
The One SC Flood Relief Fund will support nonprofit organizations providing relief and recovery assistance in the 24 FEMA designated emergency counties. The Community Foundation's board provided the initial funding of $50,000 and additional donations are being received from across the country. The Governor's Original Six Foundation has donated $55,000 to underwrite administration of the fund so that 100% of the dollars raised will go to local organizations aiding those in need.
To donate, click the button below.
Donations are also accepted through the mail at:
Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204
Please make checks payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
Nonprofits: Apply for a Grant
The One SC Flood Relief Fund will provide grants to fund relief and recovery assistance programs provided by nonprofit organizations. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
We are currently not accepting grant applications. Please continue to check this page for future grant opportunities.
Recent News About This Fund:
- $420,000 in Flood Recovery Grants Awarded by One SC Fund
- One SC Fund Awards $500,000 in Grants for Flood Recovery
- Governor Nikki Haley Announces One SC Flood Relief Fund
- Regional Mayors Forum Urges Public to Donate to SC Flood Relief Fund to Address Long Term Needs
- National Flood Relief Fund for SC Midlands Organizations Established by Community Foundation
The Foundation thanks the following members of the One SC Fund grants committee:
- Mr. Cliff Bourke | Director of Legal Services for Southeastern Freight Lines; Vice Chair of Community Impact Committee, Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Ms. Marcia Adams | Director, South Carolina Department of Administration
- Mr. James Burns | Partner, Nelson Mullins
- Mr. Ken Charles | Managing Director of Steel Joist Institute; Vice Chair, Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
- Mr. John Draughn | Director of Commercial Sales & Management, Coldwell Banker Commercial Chicora Real Estate; Waccamaw Community Foundation Trustee
- Mr. Bruce Hughes | President of the Celerian Group, BlueCross BlueShield of SC; Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Chair
- Mr. Mikee Johnson | President & CEO, Cox Industries
- Mr. Bill Medich | Regional President, South State Bank; Immediate Past Chair, Coastal Community Foundation
- Mr. Michael Sechrest | Founder, Interactive Data Visualization (IDV)
- Ms. Bhavna Vasudeva | Active Community Leader
- Mr. Chris Watson | Manager, Motion Industries; Owner, Learning Express
Gifts to Fund
We gratefully acknowledge and thank the individuals, businesses and organizations who contributed to the One SC Flood Relief Fund. Their contributions will help provide relief and recovery assistance as our state works to rebuild our devastated communities.
*Please note this list is updated monthly and is current as of March 1, 2016.
For individuals seeking assistance for Flood Relief, we recommend calling the United Way of South Carolina's 2-1-1 hotline.