Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands’ leader in collaborative philanthropy, invites the community to celebrate and support nonprofits in the Midlands during the 12 Days of Giving, launching on... Read More
The Midlands’ Local Center For Philanthropy
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a nonprofit organization that links charitable people and businesses with areas of need in our community.
We were founded in September 1984 by business leaders who wanted to establish a permanent endowment that would enhance the lives of residents in the Midlands.
Community Foundations must adhere to a sense of “community” that overrides individual interests and concerns. To do this, Central Carolina Community Foundation will leverage the collective knowledge, creativity and resources within our community and, through collaboration, increase the impact of philanthropy for everyone. Advancement of the ‘Common Good’.
To be the essential expert on philanthropy for an ever-widening audience.
To promote, facilitate and increase philanthropy to create a sustainable impact within our community through responsible giving.
To fulfill our mission, we:
- Encourage individuals, families and businesses to partner with us to fulfill their charitable goals;
- Make grants to support community issues in the Midlands of SC and, through our generous donors, throughout the world;
- Steward $150 million in assets across more than 400 charitable funds with our Trustees’ oversight
- Convene people to strengthen our community;
- Collaborate to develop creative solutions for community needs;
- Nurture and strengthen community organizations;
- Build a substantial endowment to provide for community needs for generations to come.
Our values are built on the foundation of diversity, equity and inclusion:
- Count on each other.
We build trusting and enduring relationships among fundholders, community partners and beneficiaries of philanthropic resources and ensure our process favors diversity, equity and inclusion.
- See what’s possible.
We strive for excellence and effectiveness in all we do, bringing greater innovation and value to challenging situations that value experience and community connections and metrics that chart our progress.
- Engage everyone.
We seek to reflect our community and invite people from all walks of life to participate in philanthropy.
- Demand more from ourselves.
We are committed to the engagement, growth and development of our board and staff.
We will continuously evolve our structure, policies and procedures to ensure we are advancing the ‘common good’ through collaborative philanthropy.
Central Carolina Community Foundation embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- To be an essential agent in the community’s ability to mobilize action in areas vital to its wellbeing;
- To create a new reality of collaborative philanthropy;
- To be the essential expert on philanthropy for an ever-widening audience (our Vision).
Serving the Midlands
The Community Foundation serves donors and organizations in the following 11 counties in the Midlands: