Midlands Gives Day, the annual 18-hour, online giving challenge hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation, raised a record-breaking $3,734,986 via 19,534 individual gifts. The ninth annual online day... Read More
At a Glance
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group’s grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community-minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff provides administrative support for the Aflac grants committee and the Aflac Charitable Fund.
- An organization may only submit one application per cycle.
- All organizations must have a physical location in South Carolina.
- All applications must be submitted through our online grant portal by Thursday, March 31, 2022. Paper copies or narrative proposals will not be accepted.
- If an organization has received an Aflac grant recently, they are eligible to apply for another grant at the first cycle AFTER their full grant period ends and upon submission of their final report.
- Example 1: If you have an Aflac grant with the grant period as January – December 2021 (Fall 2020 Cycle) or earlier, then you ARE eligible because March 2022 is after that grant period ended.
- Example 2: If you have an Aflac grant that is currently open or does not close until later, such as the Spring 2021 cycle (July 1, 2021—June 30, 2022), then you WILL NOT be eligible to apply until the Fall 2022 cycle, which is after that program year ends.
- Any organization that received funding during 2021 directly from Aflac for a program or event sponsorship is not eligible to apply for a competitive grant.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
Eligible Programs Areas
- Health & Well-Being (Preference will be given to pediatric cancer and services for their families)
- Education (Preference will be given to life skills and traditional educational programs)
We Do Not Fund
- Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- March 1, 2022 – Application Opens
- March 31, 2022 – Application Closes
- June 2022 – Applicants notified of Funding Status
- July 1, 2022 – Program Starts (activities and expenses can begin any time after this date)
- June 30, 2023 – Program Ends (activities and expenses must end)
- July 15, 2023 – Final Report Due
The Fall Cycle for the Aflac Charitable Fund Competitive Grant will accept new applications in September 2022 for program dates of January 1 – December 31, 2023. (Subject to change.)
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Halie Brazier at [email protected].
Apply for a Grant
All applications will be submitted through the grant portal. You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information, and you will be able to log out and return to complete your application in this system. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete and save the narrative portions in another Word-based document and then copy and paste them into the application in case of technological issues.
In addition to the online application, there are two other forms that must be completed.
- The budget form (linked below): must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded with the supporting documents at the end of the online application, and
- The Aflac Community Giving Form: also must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded with the supporting documents at the end of the online application.
The application is considered incomplete if the required budget form and Aflac Community Giving Form are not completed and attached.
It is recommended that projects incorporate virtual components and/or Covid safety measures to protect staff and clients.
*The Budget Form and Community Giving Form must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application.
Information for Grant Recipients
Grantees with a grant year of July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 (Spring 2021 Cycle), please submit your final report at the link below. Grantees who received their grant for program start date January 1, 2022, and after will complete all forms in the grant portal.