Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midland’s leader in collaborative philanthropy, has postponed On the Table due to rising COVID-19 cases. The community-focused, conversation-based initiative will take place March 6-12, 2022. Read More
At a Glance
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group’s grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group primarily accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community-minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff supports the Aflac grants committee.
- An organization may only submit one application.
- All organizations must have a physical location in South Carolina.
- All applications must be submitted online by Thursday, September 30, 2021. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021 may not apply until fall 2021.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from January 1, 2021-December 31, 2021 may not apply until spring 2022.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022 may not apply until fall 2022.
- Any organization that received funding during 2021 directly from Aflac for a program or event sponsorship is not eligible to apply for a competitive grant.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
Eligible Programs Areas
- Health & Well-Being (Preference will be given to pediatric cancer and services for their families)
- Education (Preference will be given to life skills and traditional educational programs)
We Do Not Fund
- Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- September 1, 2021 – Application Opens
- September 30, 2021 – Application Closes
- November 2021 – Applicants notified of Funding Status
- January 1, 2022 – Program Starts
- December 31, 2022 – Program Ends
The Spring Cycle for the Aflac Charitable Fund Competitive Grant will accept new applications in March 2022 for program dates of July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023.
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Halie Brazier at [email protected].
Apply for a Grant
All applications will be submitted through the grant portal. You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information, and you will be able to log out and return to complete your application in this system. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete and save the narrative portions in another Word-based document and then copy and paste them into the application in case of internet outages.
In addition to the online application, there are two other forms that must be completed.
- The budget form (linked below), which must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded with the supporting documents at the end of the online application, and
- The Aflac Community Giving Form (accessible in the online application), which you will fill out and submit online. Then, return to your application to confirm that separate form submission in your application.
- A PDF of the form is located here to help you collect the data, but you must submit the form via the link in your application in the grant portal. You are able to save this form and come back to it later but it is recommended that you gather all your data to fill it out in one go.
The application is considered incomplete if the required budget form is not completed and attached, and if the Aflac Community Giving Form is not submitted online.
Only submit a proposal for a project/program that can be completed virtually and/or with social distance safety measures in place to protect staff and clients.
* Must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application
Information for Grant Recipients
* Required to submit a final report at the end of the year with budget, program photos, number of volunteers and individuals served