At a Glance
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group’s grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community-minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff provides administrative support for the Aflac grants committee and the Aflac Charitable Fund.
- An organization may only submit one application per cycle.
- All organizations must have a physical location in South Carolina.
- Request for sponsorships or funding for an event that is primarily for fundraising for the organization (such as a 5k run) will not be accepted.
- All applications must be submitted through our online grant portal by Friday, September 30, 2022. Paper copies or narrative proposals will not be accepted.
- If an organization has received an Aflac grant recently, they are eligible to apply for another grant at the first cycle AFTER their full grant period ends and upon submission of their final report.
- Example 1: If you have an Aflac grant with the grant period as July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 (Spring 2021 Cycle) or earlier, then you ARE eligible because September 2022 is after that grant period ended.
- Example 2: If you have an Aflac grant that is currently open or does not close until later, such as the Fall 2021 cycle (January-December 2022), then you WILL NOT be eligible to apply until the Spring 2021 cycle, which is after that program year ends.
- Any organization that received funding in the last year directly from Aflac for a program or event sponsorship is not eligible to apply for a competitive grant.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
Eligible Programs Areas
- Health & Well-Being (Preference will be given to pediatric cancer and services for their families)
- Education (Preference will be given to life skills and traditional educational programs supporting school-aged children)
We Do Not Fund
- Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- One-time events
- September 1, 2022 – Application Opens
- September 30, 2022 – Application Closes
- November 2022 – Applicants notified of awards or declinations
- January 1, 2023 – Program Starts (activities and expenses can begin any time after this date)
- December 31, 2023 – Program Ends (activities and expenses must end)
- January 16, 2024 – Final Report Due
The Spring Cycle for the Aflac Charitable Fund Competitive Grant will accept new applications in March 2023 for program dates of July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024. (Subject to change.)
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Halie Brazier at [email protected].
Apply for a Grant
All applications will be submitted through the grant portal. You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information, and you will be able to log out and return to complete your application in this system. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete and save the narrative portions in another Word-based document and then copy and paste them into the application in case of technological issues.
In addition to the online application, there are two other forms that must be completed.
- The budget form (linked below): must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded with the supporting documents at the end of the online application, and
- The Aflac Community Giving Form: also must be downloaded, completed, and uploaded with the supporting documents at the end of the online application.
The application is considered incomplete if the required budget form and Aflac Community Giving Form are not completed and attached.
It is recommended that projects incorporate Covid safety measures to protect staff and clients.
AFLAC COMMUNITY GIVING FORM
*The Budget Form and Community Giving Form must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application.
Information for Current Grant Recipients
Grantees who received their grant for program start date January 1, 2022, and after will complete all forms in the grant portal. Your original application, grant agreement, and any other documents related to your grant are saved on your organization’s dashboard. Please contact Halie Brazier at [email protected] if they are any issues with access to the portal.
GRANT PORTAL TO APPLY OR SUBMIT REPORTS
RETURN BACK TO GRANT OPPORTUNITIES