Stacy Levinson and Perry Lancaster connect to their community through philanthropyRead more
10 Reasons to Discuss the Community Foundation with Your ClientsSeptember 17, 2018
There are many reasons why citizens choose the Community Foundation to fulfill their charitable goals. Following are ten of the most significant.
- Creating Personal Charitable Legacies. We help donors develop personal charitable legacies that reflect their philanthropic objectives. We listen carefully to each donor and suggest ways to fulfill their wishes.
- Perpetuating Family Names. Many citizens are seeking meaningful ways to perpetuate their family name. That goal is easily accomplished through the creation of a permanent fund within the Foundation.
- Continuing Support of Favorite Causes. We each have favorite charities we have supported during our lifetimes. Through an endowment fund, a donor’s thoughtfulness will extend to future generations.
- Protecting Donor Investments. As a third-party protector, we sit on the same side of the table as our donors. We safeguard each fund entrusted to our care and assure donors that their funds will be administered in accordance with their objectives.
- Ensuring Permanent Relevant Purposes. If the purpose(s) for which a fund was established becomes obsolete or impossible to fulfill, we will identify a relevant charitable beneficiary to match the original intent of the donor.
- Providing Charitable Options. Donors have the option of giving to many charitable organizations and purposes through the creation of one fund. Some of the areas that can be served include education, health care, social services, arts and culture, religion and the humanities. Donors can create permanent funds (endowments) which are administered in perpetuity or temporary funds that close upon the fulfillment of their purpose.
- Making Charitable Giving Convenient. It often takes less than one hour to create a charitable fund that will last beyond one’s lifetime.
- Offering Affordable Philanthropic Vehicles. A permanent endowment fund can be created for only $10,000. Funds established for less than $10,000 will be designated as endowments once the minimum level is achieved. Through the Community Foundation, permanent philanthropy is within the reach of most citizens.
- Giving Through a Community Foundation. Donors give through a Community Foundation, not to a Community Foundation. We are a unique service provider making it possible for your clients to achieve their charitable objectives within one organization.
- Setting Example for Future Generations. There is nothing more meaningful than bequeathing good values to our children and grandchildren. An endowed charitable fund is a permanent reminder of a past generation’s concern for a future generation’s well-being. Helping your clients achieve this life-affirming objective is one of the greatest gifts you can give to your community.
Central Carolina Community Foundation considers attorneys, accountants, financial planners, insurance agents and other professionals who have relationships with members of our community to be our valued partners in charitable giving. We want to be a resource for you as well as a philanthropic partner for your clients, providing a full understanding of the many possibilities of supporting our community by giving through the Community Foundation.