Creating Opportunities Within the Sumter Community
Sumter Community Foundation (SCF) is uniquely positioned to understand the broad range of challenges and opportunities in its community.
Ways to Give
Your gift to Sumter Community Foundation will support needs in the Sumter community long into the future. All gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible.
MAKE A SECURE ONLINE GIFT
If you prefer, you can mail a donation to Central Carolina Community Foundation’s office designated for Sumter Community Foundation. To make a gift of stocks, bonds, insurance or a bequest, contact JoAnn M. Turnquist.
Sumter Community Foundation is managed by a volunteer board of advisers made up of local community representatives and leaders who guide the Foundation.
- Kathy Creech, Chair, Community Volunteer
- Frank Edwards, Realtor
- Johnny Hilton, Realtor
- Bronwyn McElveen, Deputy Solicitor, Third Judicial Circuit
- Jay Schwartz, Community Volunteer
- Earl Wilson, The Orr Company
Ad Hoc Advisors:
- Gary Mixon – County Administrator, Sumter County South Carolina
- Deron McCormick – City Manager, City of Sumter South Carolina
Sumter Community Foundation Grant Opportunities
Donors include individuals, families and local businesses. With their help, we make grants to improve the quality of life of residents in Sumter County.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR GRANT OPPORTUNITIES