Stacy Levinson and Perry Lancaster connect to their community through philanthropyRead more
Nominate a Local Philanthropist
Who in your life is making giving back a priority? Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking people who go above and beyond to impact the lives of others and improve our community. Help us find and honor these individuals, businesses, and students by nominating the local philanthropists in your life.
Honoring Everyday Philanthropists
Each year, the Community Foundation partners with Columbia Metropolitan Magazine to host the Best of Philanthropy Awards, an event honoring ordinary people in our community who are making a difference.
Best of Philanthropy Award Categories:
- Local Business
- Student/Student Group
- Young Professional (under 40)
Winners are honored with:
- $1,000 donation in their name to nonprofit of choice in Foundation's 11-county service area
- Recognition at the Foundation's annual celebration
- Feature article in November issue of Columbia Metropolitan Magazine
- Nomineess must reside in one of the 11 counties the Community Foundation serves: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda and Sumter.
- Nominations will only be accepted via the online form at www.yourfoundation.org.
- By accepting this award, the winner(s) authorize Central Carolina Community Foundation and Columbia Metropolitan Magazine to use the winners' names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
- Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Central Carolina Community Foundation, Columbia Metropolitan Magazine or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to be nominated or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
Questions? Contact James Mercado at email@example.com or 803.254.5601.