Fred Harmon started his scholarship fund to foster a new generation of civic-minded innovators.Read more
Midlands Gives brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for Midlands nonprofits during the 24-hour online giving challenge.
Midlands Gives is an annual 24-hour online giving challenge presented by Central Carolina Community Foundation. During Midlands Gives, contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives. More information about the event can be found at www.midlandsgives.org
The third annual Midlands Gives Day, held on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 raised $1,603,647 for 382 nonprofits across the Midlands of South Carolina. All combined, 12,560 gifts were received during Midlands Gives. In 2015, the event raised $1,543,032 via 11,372 gifts to 251 nonprofits; and the inaugural Midlands Gives in 2014 raised $704,932.23 via 5,186 individual gifts to 150 nonprofits.
2016 Event Information
- View the 2016 Midlands Gives Guide for a listing of participating nonprofits
- Read the "Letter to Our Community," by our President JoAnn Turnquist
- Read the press release for the final results
- View the nonprofit prize winners
2015 Event Information
- View the 2015 Midlands Gives Guide for listing of participating nonprofits
- View our Storify article
- Read the press release for the final results recap