While the foundation has been an outlet for family members to get firsthand philanthropic experienceRead more
One SC Fund
The One SC Fund is a fundraising effort that helps South Carolinians who are recovering from a state-declared disaster.
Donations are also accepted through the mail at:
Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204
Please make checks payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
About the One SC Fund
The One SC Fund provides grants to nonprofits to fund relief, recovery and/or rebuilding assistance programs from state-declared emergencies. Former Governor Nikki Haley- with the help of Central Carolina Community Foundation and a team of South Carolinians from entertainment, business and public service-announced the One SC Fund in November 2015 after the 2015 Thousand Year Flood touched South Carolinians from every walk of life.
The One SC Fund was first used to support nonprofit organizations providing relief and recovery assistance to flood victims in the 24 FEMA designated emergency counties. When Hurricane Matthew struck our state in October 2016, the Fund was also used to support nonprofit organizations providing relief and recovery assistance to those impacted by the Hurricane.
Since November 2015, $3,447,500 has been distributed to nonprofits to support disaster recovery projects across our state. The fund has provided food and clothing to over 19,600 individuals and helped over 1,633 families return home.
Donations to the One SC Fund are being accepted and will help continue the work of serving those impacted by the disasters that have hit our state.
To donate, click the button at the top of this page.
Nonprofits: Apply for a Grant
The following businesses and corporations have donated to the One SC Fund following Hurricane Florence. We thank them for their generosity.
- BlueCross BlueShield of SC
- United Health Foundation
- Pfizer Charitable Foundation
- Dominion Energy
- Nextera Energy
- Ballantine Storage
- Wells Fargo
- First Citizens
- Bandit Series
- Fuji Film
News About This Fund:
- One SC Fund Awards $165,000 for Hurricane Florence Relief
- Donations Accepted In Preparation for Hurricane Florence
- $420,000 in Flood Recovery Grants Awarded by One SC Fund
- One SC Fund Awards $500,000 in Grants for Flood Recovery
- Former Governor Nikki Haley Announces One SC Flood Relief Fund
- Regional Mayors Forum Urges Public to Donate to SC Flood Relief Fund to Address Long Term Needs
- National Flood Relief Fund for SC Midlands Organizations Established by Community Foundation
The Foundation thanks the following members of the One SC Fund grants committee:
- Ms. Marcia Adams | Director, South Carolina Department of Administration
- Mr. Jim Allhusen, Community Foundation of the Lowcountry Board Chair
- Mr. C. Michael Branham, Esq. | Partner, Young Clement Rivers, LLP, Coastal Community Foundation Board Chair
- Mr. James Burns | Partner, Nelson Mullins
- Mr. Brent Groome | Chief Executive, Marketing, Economic and Strategic Initiatives, HTC, Inc.;Waccamaw Community Foundation Trustee
- Mr. Bruce Hughes | President of the Celerian Group, BlueCross BlueShield of SC; Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Floyd Keels | Retired CEO, Santee Electric, Board Member, Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
- Ms. Bhavna Vasudeva | Vice Chair of Community Impact Committee, Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Chris Watson | Manager, Motion Industries; Owner, Learning Express
Additional Information about This Fund:
- Former Governor Nikki Haley recruited a team of notable South Carolinians who have helped promote giving to the fund, including David Beasley, Tajh Boyd, Stephen Colbert, Jay Hass, Marcus Lattimore, Edwin McCain, Bob McNair, Craig Melvin, Chris Randolph, Jerry Richardson, Joe Riley, Darius Rucker, Steve Spurrier, Dawn Staley, Dabo Swinney and Anita Zucker.
- The Community Foundation's board provided the initial funding of $50,000 and additional donations were received from across the country. Former Governor Nikki Haley's Original Six Foundation donated $55,000 to underwrite administration of the fund so that 100% of the dollars raised will go to local organizations aiding those in need. In addition, a matching challenge gift of $100,000 was donated by the Lipscomb Family Foundation.
- The fund has been endorsed by the Midlands Regional Mayors and has received financial support from corporations, foundations and individuals across the Midlands and our state.
For individuals seeking assistance from disasters, we recommend calling the United Way of South Carolina's 2-1-1 hotline.
For individuals seeking volunteer opportunities, please visit the United Way of South Carolina's Volunteer page at www.volunteersc.org.
Listen to our President & CEO, JoAnn Turnquist, speak on a Center for Disaster Philanthropy webinar panel about Hurricane Florence recovery here.