Create a Fund
Starting a fund with Central Carolina Community Foundation begins by speaking with your professional advisor or working with our staff to determine what philanthropic goals you want to accomplish through your fund.
Following are six simple and quick steps to guide you in the creation of your own personal fund.
- Determine your charitable goals. What type of impact do you want to make in the community? Do you have a favorite cause you want to support or do you want the flexibility to support the emerging needs of your community?
- Determine what type of fund is best. Based on your goals, you decide what type of fund works best.
- Decide what you would like to give. Contributions can be made with cash, securities, real estate, or other property valued at $10,000 or more.
- Select the name of your fund. A fund can be set up in your name, the name of your family or business, or in honor of a person or an organization.
- If creating a Donor-Advised fund, determine who the current and future fund advisors will be. This may include you and your spouse today, and your children and grandchildren in the future.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document. Based on the type of fund you are establishing certain paperwork is required.
Contact Heather Sherwin, VP for Institutional Advancement at 803.254.5601 x331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.