How to Ensure Your Year-End Contribution Counts for 2020
November 20, 2020
During this season of gratitude, we take time to offer our thanks for your unwavering support during an unprecedented and turbulent year.
The pandemic has been an unequivocal reminder of how critical local nonprofits are to our region. And just as local nonprofits are critical to our region, year-end giving is critical to them. Almost one-third of all annual gifts are made in December and, in fact, 12% of all annual gifts are made the last three days of the year.
If you are considering making a year-end gift, we encourage you to keep in mind the below important dates to ensure any end-of-year grant recommendations and end-of-year contributions are counted for 2020.
Thank you for your support.
Vice President, Finance
Year-End Grant Recommendations
Donor Advised Funds, Agency and Designated Funds
- Written to “Central Carolina Community Foundation,” noting the intended fund in the Memo line.
- Mailed to Central Carolina Community Foundation, 2142 Boyce St., Suite 402, Columbia, SC 29201.
- Checks mailed by USPS must be postmarked by Dec. 31.
- Checks mailed by FedEx, UPS or DHL must be physically received at the CCCF office by Dec. 31.
- Credit card
- Click here to donate to a CCCF Fund.
- Donations using a credit card must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31.
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be initiated no later than Dec. 31.
- Please contact our Vice President for Finance, Kevin Patten, by phone at 803.978.7825 or email ([email protected]) prior to transferring.
- Real Estate and Closely Held Stock
- Initiate as early as possible. It must be received by Dec. 31.
- Contact Kevin Patten, Vice President for Finance, by phone at 803.978.7825 or email ([email protected]) for assistance.
- Don’t forget you can give to 400+ local organizations on the Midlands Gives year-round platform.
- Gifts to nonprofits through the Midlands Gives year-round platform should be made by Dec. 31.