Join Our Team: Seeking a Brand Journalist Intern for Fall 2021
July 14, 2021
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $180 million and an active and varied grants program of more than $13 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina.
The independent sector, which includes grantmaking institutions like Central Carolina Community Foundation, as well as nonprofit organizations, is the fifth largest employment sector in South Carolina representing $18.2 billion in gross revenue. (source: TogetherSC). Philanthropy is one of the pillars of the independent sector and contributes to the livability of every community. We are committed to increasing the talent pool of diverse leaders in the philanthropic sector by offering students real life experience for use in enhancing their college career and their future professional opportunities.
Working with the Strategic Initiatives and Communications Team, you will play an integral role in connecting with the Community Foundation’s audiences by leading storytelling efforts across our communication platforms. You will receive hands-on experience strategizing and executing content creation for CCCF channels. Content creation will include writing for our blog, contributing to social media posts, and leading photography and videography projects. You will also gain experience in measuring content performance.
- Participate in planning, creating and implementing strategic storytelling to advance the Foundation’s strategic and marketing goals.
- Research and write compelling stories and articles for the Foundation’s communications channels, including its blog, social platforms, print newsletter and e-newsletters.
- Conduct research and interviews to identify and produce compelling stories that support the brand narrative and communications goals.
- Use multimedia practices to create and edit stories in a variety of formats to adapt stories to different platforms and audiences.
- Analyze marketing statistics and recommend modifications based on analytics.
- Organize and maintain the Foundation’s communication files (i.e. photos, media coverage and electronic media files.)
- Other duties as assigned.
The Brand Journalist Intern will also have opportunities to observe and participate in additional aspects of philanthropy, including strategic initiatives, community engagement and donor relations.
Schedule and Payment:
The position is for fall 2021 and can be extended for the spring 2022 semester. The Foundation is offering payment of $10.00 per hour, with a 15-hour workweek. The schedule is flexible, but work must be completed from Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM, at the Community Foundation’s office.
- College student working toward a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or mass communications.
- Strong writing and interview skills.
- Ability to produce stories in a variety of formats and experience with photography, videography and editing.
- Ability to communicate with donors, board members, grantees and the general public in a
courteous, helpful and respectful manner.
- Familiarity with social media applications and some web experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and good follow-through on tasks.
- Some local travel may be required so reliable transportation is a must.
- Some after-hour event support may be needed.
Send resume and cover letter by August 5, 2021, to:
Central Carolina Community Foundation