Join Our Team: Seeking a Communications Intern for Summer 2022
April 14, 2022
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $160 million and an active and varied grants program of more than $13 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina.
The independent sector, which includes grantmaking institutions like Central Carolina Community Foundation, as well as nonprofit organizations, is the fifth largest employment sector in South Carolina representing $18.2 billion in gross revenue. (source: TogetherSC). Philanthropy is one of the pillars of the independent sector and contributes to the livability of every community. We are committed to increasing the talent pool of diverse leaders in the philanthropic sector by offering students real-life experience for use in enhancing their college career and their future professional opportunities.
Reporting to the Communications Associate, you will play an integral role in connecting with the Community Foundation’s audiences by writing compelling stories and creating and implementing strategic communications plans. You will receive hands-on experience strategizing and executing content creation for CCCF-owned and shared media channels. Content creation will include writing for our blog, contributing to social media posts and leading photography and videography projects. You’ll also gain experience in measuring content performance.
- Participate in planning, creating and implementing strategic storytelling to advance the Foundation’s strategic and marketing goals.
- Research and write compelling stories and articles for the Foundation’s communications channels including its blog, social platforms, print newsletter and e-newsletters.
- Use multimedia practices to create and edit stories in a variety of formats to adapt stories to different platforms and audiences.
- Assist in creating and implementing strategic communications plans.
- Analyze marketing statistics and recommend modifications based on analytics.
- Organize and maintain the Foundation’s communication files and assets (i.e. photos, media coverage and electronic media files.)
- Other duties as assigned.
The Communications Intern will also be exposed to additional aspects of philanthropy, including strategic initiatives, community investment and donor relations.
Schedule and Payment:
The position is for summer 2022 and can be extended for the fall 2022 semester. The Foundation offers payment of $12.00 per hour, with a 15-hour workweek. The schedule is flexible, but work must be completed from Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
- College student working toward a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, public relations or mass communications.
- Strong writing and interview skills.
- Proven ability to produce stories in a variety of formats and experience with photography, videography and editing.
- Ability to communicate with donors, board members, grantees and the general public in a
courteous, helpful and respectful manner.
- Familiarity with social media applications and some web experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and good follow-through on tasks.
- Some local travel may be required, so reliable transportation is a must.
- Some after-hour event support may be needed.
Send resume and cover letter by April 25, 2022, to:
Central Carolina Community Foundation