Join Our Team: Seeking A Vice President For Development
June 17, 2019
Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a Vice President For Development to join our team. The full job description is below. A printable version can be downloaded here. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to JoAnn Turnquist at [email protected] by July 12, 2019.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $150+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our role as a catalyst for philanthropy, a community builder, collaborator, and provider of grants and scholarships continues to grow. The Vice President for Development will lead the Foundation’s work to advance the mission, message and resources of the organization to improve quality of life in the Midlands region. We are seeking a mission-driven individual with deep knowledge of philanthropy and strong values of partnership and equity.
Reporting to the President & CEO, you will lead the donor development and engagement work of the Foundation to broaden and deepen relationships with new and existing philanthropic partners, contributing significantly toward the growth of the Foundation’s ability to influence and invest in positive regional change. You will serve as a resource for charitable planning, including reinforcing and increasing the Foundation’s exposure and positive reputation among professional advisors.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the number of funds established at the Foundation, the level of contributions to those funds, and the level of contributions made directly to support the Foundation
- Proactively target potential individual, foundation and corporate donors, and serve as follow-up contact for prospects and inquiries from potential donors
- Oversee the establishment of new funds by assisting donors in selecting charitable giving products that complement and enhance the donors’ charitable goals and facilitate the transfer of assets to the Foundation as required (including acceptance, transfer, and sale of non-cash gifts)
- Market and facilitate planned gifts to the Foundation, reviewing and expanding current product lines as appropriate
- Develop and nurture relationships with professional advisors in order to increase referrals
- Develop and monitor a comprehensive stewardship program
- Connect donors to the Community Impact staff and to grant possibilities that fulfill their philanthropic interests.
- Provide executive oversight of all donor cultivation and appreciation events
- Maintain and expand existing Corporate Philanthropy Champions sponsorship program
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team to align strategies and develop appropriate marketing and informational materials
- Participate actively as a member of senior staff in identifying issues and opportunities, creating and revising policies, developing processes and procedures, evaluating and addressing human and capital needs
- Represent CCCF publicly as a speaker, panelist, and presenter
- Act as staff liaison to the Board’s Education Committee and African American Philanthropy Committee
- Supervise the development and maintenance of systems for recordkeeping and communication with donors and potential donors, and professional advisors
- Supervise development staff and/or interns and provide timely feedback
- Prepare business development reports and budgets for CCCF senior management and Board of Directors as required
- Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Profile of a Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the programmatic work of CCCF and a desire to contribute to the work by developing resources that can support the Foundation’s mission. The position requires someone who has knowledge of and experience in major gift fundraising, planned giving, marketing and communications in support of fundraising, and event management. You are able to balance a range of responsibilities and work proactively to address the needs of donors and professional advisors with an energetic, entrepreneurial nature.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to seven years of sales/business development experience
- Experience in working with clients with complete discretion
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to listen
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with diverse constituents
- Facility with business software systems and the ability to adopt new systems easily
- Marketing savvy a plus
- Experience with planned giving (preferred)
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor
Deadline to Apply: July 12, 2019
President & CEO
Central Carolina Community Foundation
2142 Boyce Street; Columbia, SC 29201
For more information about Central Carolina Community Foundation, please visit our website: http://www.yourfoundation.org
Each staff member employed by the Foundation is expected to possess honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness and courteousness; high energy and a positive attitude; a dedication to quality and accuracy; an ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office; an ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision; good oral and written communication skills.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.