The One SC Fund: COVID-19 Response, housed at Central Carolina Community Foundation, has awarded $551,000 to 25 organizations across South Carolina. The grants were awarded through a targeted approach to... Read More
At a Glance
Jumpstart is a yearlong program administered by Network for Good (NFG) to build fundraising capacity for nonprofit organizations.
- Twice-monthly one-on-one coaching sessions with a certified Personal Fundraising Coach.
- Donor Management, email blast, and fundraising software to raise funds through online donations, events, and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Template library for fundraising tools such as fundraising plans, board development exercises, grant writing tips, special event plans, etc.
- Monthly webinars to help you develop and accomplish your fundraising goals.
The full Jumpstart Program costs $6,400 per nonprofit, $1,400 of which is covered by Network for Good. The remaining $5,000 will be split between Central Carolina Community Foundation and the participating nonprofit. CCCF will provide up to six (6) nonprofits with a matching $4,000-$4,500 grant for them to contract with NFG to increase their fundraising capacity. Based on a sliding scale, nonprofits will be responsible for $500-$1,000 of the cost of the program. This fee can be paid prior to beginning the year-long program or in monthly installments.
This Grant Will Not Fund
- Organizations that have operated for less than one year
- Public entities, educational institutions or faith-based institutions
- Organizations must commit to attending (or viewing if unable to attend live) the virtual information session as a prerequisite.
- Organizations must be able to fully utilize the Network for Good customer relationship management software for at least one year.
- Organizations must have at least one staff person who can commit at least 5 hours per week on fundraising and development activities.
- Organizations must be willing to make the $500-$1,000 matching co-payment.
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations must be physically located in one of the following 11 counties in the Midlands: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda and Sumter. Organizations outside of Richland County or lead by BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply.
Grantees will receive a $4,000-$4,500 grant. Grantees must match this with $500-$1,000 in order to contract with NFG.
How to Apply
Interested organizations may apply online. Mailed, emailed, faxed or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
Prior to applying, organizations are encouraged to thoroughly review all information about this grant on the Community Foundation’s website. All interested organizations must watch the recording if you were unable to attend the live session that happened on September 30. This information session will help you determine if Jumpstart is right for your organization. You can watch the information session by clicking below. The passcode is b1#=Sn=Q.
- Interested nonprofits will attend (or view) the Jumpstart information session prior to completing the grant application (see link above).
- After viewing the information session, complete the application (see “Apply” link above).
- Jumpstart staff will review applications and determine organization eligibility and readiness. NFG may invite you to a 1-on-1 interview as part of this process.
- CCCF Community Impact Committee will review the recommendations from NFG, select the organizations that will receive a grant, and submit their recommendation to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees will vote to approve, or not, the committee’s recommendation.
September 30-October 31 — Applications accepted
January 30 — Grantees notified (declinations will be emailed)
February — Grantees contract with NFG (payment due)
Project Timeline — March 1-February 28
March, June, September, December — quarterly check-ins with grantees and NFG
The Jumpstart Program will run March 1-February 28.