Midlands Gives Day, the annual 18-hour, online giving challenge hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation, raised a record-breaking $3,734,986 via 19,534 individual gifts. The ninth annual online day... Read More
At a Glance
Jumpstart is a yearlong program administered by Network for Good (NFG) to build fundraising capacity for nonprofit organizations.
- Donor Management, email blast, and fundraising software to raise funds through online donations, events, and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Twice-monthly one-on-one coaching sessions with a certified Personal Fundraising Coach.
- Template library for fundraising tools such as fundraising plans, board development exercises, grant writing tips, special event plans, etc.
- Monthly webinars to help you develop and accomplish your fundraising goals.
The full Jumpstart Program costs $6,400 per nonprofit, $1,400 of which is covered by Network for Good. The remaining $5,000 will be split between Central Carolina Community Foundation and the participating nonprofit. CCCF will provide up to six (6) nonprofits with a matching $4,000-$4,500 grant for them to contract with NFG to increase their fundraising capacity. Based on a sliding scale, nonprofits will be responsible for $500-$1,000 of the cost of the program. This fee can be paid prior to beginning the year-long program or in monthly installments.
This Grant Will Not Fund
- Organizations that have operated for less than one year
- Public entities, educational institutions or faith-based institutions
- Organizations must commit to attending (or viewing a recording if unable to attend live) the virtual information session on September 8 at 11 a.m. as a prerequisite to applying for the grant. See links to the recording below.
- Organizations must be able to fully utilize the Network for Good customer relationship management software for at least one year.
- Organizations must have at least one staff person who can commit at least 5 hours per week on fundraising and development activities.
- Organizations must be willing to make the $500-$1,000 matching co-payment.
- Organizations must be determined a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations must be physically located in one of the following 11 counties in the Midlands: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda or Sumter. Organizations outside of Richland County or lead by BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply.
Grantees will receive a $4,000-$4,500 grant. Grantees must match this with $500-$1,000 in order to contract with NFG.
How to Apply
Interested organizations must apply online via the CCCF grant portal. Mailed, emailed, faxed or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
Prior to applying, organizations are encouraged to thoroughly review all information about this grant on the Community Foundation’s website. Organizations are also asked to attend the virtual Jumpstart Information Session on September 8 (11am-12pm) or watch a recording to learn more about the program. This information session will help you determine if Jumpstart is right for your organization. View a recording of the session here. The PowerPoint slides can be downloaded here.
- Interested nonprofits will attend (or view) the Jumpstart information session prior to completing the grant application (see link above).
- After viewing the information session, complete the application (see “Apply” link above).
- Jumpstart staff will review applications and determine organization eligibility and readiness. NFG may invite you to a 1-on-1 interview as part of this process.
- CCCF Community Impact Committee will review the recommendations from NFG, select the organizations that will receive a grant, and submit their recommendation to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees will vote to approve, or not, the committee’s recommendation.
September 1-September 30, 2021: Applications accepted
November 2021: Grantees notified (declinations will be emailed)
January 2022: Grantees contract with NFG (payment due)
Project Timeline: January 1, 2022-December 31, 2022