Stacy Levinson and Perry Lancaster connect to their community through philanthropyRead more
Foundation Hiring Accounting Manager
April 27, 2018
Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager.
The deadline to apply is May 25, 2018.
As Central Carolina Community Foundation enters our 35th year, we are rapidly approaching $140MM in assets. Building a substantial endowment to provide for community needs for generations to come will require strong financial oversight. The ability to analyze, process, and provide recommendations to streamline operations is increasingly important as the Foundation strives to be a proactive organization. The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in accomplishing this goal.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Administration (VPFA), this individual will be responsible for supporting the VPFA in carrying out the financial and accounting responsibilities of the Foundation. This individual will also be responsible for handling the day to day accounting functions and fund management of the Foundation, and for analyzing, evaluating and recommending process improvements.
- Record and document of the receipt of all cash, credit card payments, stock and other contributed items.
- Maintain the database and all donor, fund and financial account files.
- Direct the processing of all accounts payable transactions to ensure that all expenses and grants are paid, documented, and filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly bank and investment account reconciliations.
- Prepare month end journal entries.
- Perform monthly and quarterly allocations of investment activity, fee activity and financial closings.
- Perform annual spending policy calculation and determine the amount available for spending for VPFA approval.
- Prepare all required financial records and reports for the annual audit and Form 990 tax returns.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Trustees, Audit Committee, Asset Management Committee and Supporting Organizations.
- Serve as the Foundation’s contact for financial inquiries from fund holders, donors, grantees, outside audit firms, vendors, and board members.
- Direct the preparation and distribution of quarterly fund statements.
- Direct the preparation of adhoc statements, i.e. fiscal sponsors.
- Assist the VPFA with all regulatory, banking, and insurance filing requirements.
- Supervise the work of the Administrative Associate. Provides training and opportunities for personal and professional development and evaluate performance annually.
- Supervise the work of the administrative interns.
Analysis, Evaluation and Recommendation
- Develop and manage outside vendor contracts and relationships.
- Run month end financial statements and reports, and explain any variances noted.
- Analyze revenue streams and expenses for trends or deviations from budget.
- Identify process efficiencies through software utilization and integration.
- Four year degree, accounting preferred.
- Strong prior experience in an accounting environment.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills among diverse constituent groups.
- Demonstrated analytical and evaluative skills.
- Excellent oral, written and computer skills including database management. Experience with Blackbaud (FE/RE) a plus.
- High degree of ethics and integrity with good judgement and ability to anticipate problems.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and work on various projects and meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor.
- $50,000 - $60,000
Vice President for Finance & Administration
Central Carolina Community Foundation
2711 Middleburg Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
803.254.5601 ext. 325