Healthcare workers have always been vital aspects of our communities, but during the current pandemic, their heroism and strength have been needed more than ever. Knowing the impact and importance... Read More
Honoring Everyday Philanthropists
Each year, the Community Foundation honors ordinary people in our community who are making a difference in the following catergories:
- Local Business
- Student/Student Group
- Young Professional (under 40)
Nominations for the 9th Annual Best of Philanthropy Awards are now open!
The deadline to apply is March 1.
Best of Philanthropy Award Winners will be announced through a Facebook Live presentation and will be awarded with the following:
- Engraved award and video highlighting their accomplishment
- $1,000 donation in their name to nonprofit of choice in Foundation’s 11-county service area
- Recognition through the Foundation’s social media channels and website
- Nominees must reside in one of the 11 counties the Community Foundation serves: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda and Sumter.
- Nominations will only be accepted via the online form at www.yourfoundation.org.
- By accepting this award, the winner(s) authorize Central Carolina Community Foundation to use the winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
- Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Central Carolina Community Foundation or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to be nominated or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months in one calendar year.
Learn about previous award winners by clicking here
Questions? Contact James Mercado at [email protected] or 803.254.5601 x316
Who in your life is making giving back a priority? Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking people who go above and beyond to impact the lives of others and improve our community. Help us find and honor these individuals, businesses, and students by nominating the local philanthropists in your life.