Fred Harmon started his scholarship fund to foster a new generation of civic-minded innovators.Read more
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group's grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group primarily accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving the Midlands of South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff supports the Aflac grants committee.
Grants will be considered for programs that specifically support the following program areas:
- Community Development
- Health & Well-Being
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Cortney Bailey at email@example.com.
- An organization may only submit one application.
- All applications must be submitted online by Saturday, March 31, 2018. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- An organization will only be eligible to receive a grant one time per year. Aflac holds a spring and fall grant cycle each year.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
March 1 - March 31, 2018 | Applications Accepted
June 2018 | Applicants Notified- Please note, funding declinations will be emailed
July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019 | Project Year
Apply for a Grant
Applications will be accepted from March 1, 2018- March 31, 2018 for programs occurring between July 1, 2018- June 30, 2019.
The following forms must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application:
In addition, your organization should currently have, and be able to provide upon request, the following documents:
- An Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) determination letter
- A current board member list
- A charitable registration letter from the Secretary of State
- Operating by-laws and articles of incorporation
- A vision, values and mission statement
- Audited financial statements
- Recent IRS Form 990
- An organizational chart
- A conflict of interest policy
- A whistleblower policy
You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete the narrative portion in another Word-based document and then copy and paste it into the application.
Questions about the grant application process or sponsorships, please contact Cortney Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.254.5601 x332.
Information for Grant Recipients
If your nonprofit received a grant from Aflac, please use the link below to submit your final grant report.