Aflac Charitable Fund Competitive Grant
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group's grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group primarily accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff supports the Aflac grants committee.
- An organization may only submit one application.
- All organizations must have a physical location in South Carolina.
- All applications must be submitted online by Monday, April 1, 2019. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Any organization that received a competitive grant from January 1, 2018-December 31, 2018 may not apply until fall 2019.
- Any organization that received a competitive grant from July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019 may not apply until spring 2020.
- Any organization that received a competitive grant from January 1, 2019-December 31, 2019 may not apply until fall 2020.
- Any organization that received funding during 2019 directly from Aflac for a program or event sponsorship is not eligible to apply for a competitive grant.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
Eligible Programs Areas
- Health & Well-Being
- Community Development
We Do Not Fund
Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- March 1, 2019 - Application Opens
- April 1, 2019 - Application Closes
- June 30, 2019 - Applicants notified of Funding Status
- July 1, 2019 - Program Starts
- June 30, 2020 - Program Ends
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Cortney Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for a Grant
You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete the narrative portion in another Word-based document and then copy and paste it into the application.
To apply for a grant, please fill out the online application using the link below:
The Budget Form must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application:
If your nonprofit received a grant from Aflac, please use the link below to submit your final grant report.
If approved, grantees will be required to submit a final report at the end of the year including a budget, program photos, and the number of volunteers and individuals served.