Connected Communities Grants
What makes residents love where they live? What draws people to a place and keeps them there? The Connected Communities grant initiative funds innovative philanthropic projects that connects residents to our community.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is working to make the Midlands more connected, vibrant, compassionate and engaged. The Foundation aims to inspire organizations to engage and invest in our community and build on the community's existing assets.
The Connected Communities grant initiative funds innovative ideas in three focus areas, identified by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Gallup as the most important elements for an attractive community:
- Welcoming Community, which supports open and inclusive activities and programs
- Vibrant Social Offerings, which support the availability of community events and arts and cultural opportunities
- Superb Public Spaces, which enhance the beauty and physical setting of the Midlands community
Central Carolina Community Foundation will award grants up to $75,000. In order to inspire innovation, the grants will serve as challenge grants; secured funding will not be required until a grant is awarded. Any 501 (c)(3) public entity that is located in one of the 11 counties the Community Foundation serves and, is working in one of the three focus areas, is eligible to participate.
Click here to learn more about current projects funded by Connected Communities grants.
2016-2017 Grant Process Timeline
- January 9, 2017—Organizations invited to submit full application
- February 20, 2017—Invited full applications due
- April 26, 2017—Organizations notified of application status
- June 2017- Grant Recipients Publically Announced
CLICK HERE for FAQ's on the Connected Communities Grant
Questions? Contact Erin Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.254.5601 x322