Stacy Levinson and Perry Lancaster connect to their community through philanthropyRead more
Connected Communities Grants
What makes residents love where they live? What draws people to a place and keeps them there? The Connected Communities grant initiative funds innovative philanthropic projects that connects residents to our community.
We are pleased to announce our 2018 Connected Communities Grant Recipients. The video below highlights their projects and impact on the community:
Central Carolina Community Foundation is working to make the Midlands more connected, vibrant, compassionate and engaged. The Foundation aims to inspire organizations to engage and invest in our community and build on the community's existing assets.
The Connected Communities grant initiative funds innovative ideas in three focus areas, identified by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Gallup as the most important elements for an attractive community:
- Welcoming Community, which supports open and inclusive activities and programs
- Vibrant Social Offerings, which support the availability of community events and arts and cultural opportunities
- Superb Public Spaces, which enhance the beauty and physical setting of the Midlands community
Central Carolina Community Foundation will award grants up to $75,000. In order to inspire innovation, the grants will serve as challenge grants; secured funding will not be required until a grant is awarded. Any 501 (c)(3) public entity that is located in one of the 11 counties the Community Foundation serves and, is working in one of the three focus areas, is eligible to participate.
Connected Communities Impact Reports
From pop-up drive-ins and concerts to amphitheaters and wonderlands, the seven 2016 Connected Communities grantees have made a lasting impact on the Midlands. They raised over $425,000 and engaged almost 500 volunteers, all while serving nearly 500,000 community members!
Apply For A Grant
Click here for the full Connected Communities Grant Guidelines, including information on how to apply, the review process, eligibility requirements, and challenge matches.
2018 - 2019 Grant Process Timeline
- July 1 - August 15, 2018 | Letter of Intent Accepted Here
- September 24, 2018 | Organizations invited to submit full application (Note: declinations will be emailed)
- October 31, 2018 | Invited full applications due
- December 10, 2018 | Organizations notified of application status
- January 2019 | Finalist presentations
- February 4, 2019 | Organizations notified of funding status
- March 2019 | Grant Recipients Publicly Announced
- March 2019 - February 2020 | Project Year
Want more information?
Organizations are encouraged to check out more information and videos on our website posted under the Community Impact section of our website and view our recorded webinar to learn more about grant opportunities at the Community Foundation, including the Connected Communities Grant. (Please Note: This is the same information that was presented at the Grant Opportunities Sessions in June.)
Learn more about current projects funded by Connected Communities grants.
CLICK HERE for FAQ's on the Connected Communities Grant
Questions? Contact Erin Johnson at email@example.com or 803.254.5601 x322