Milford Wessinger Building Better Tomorrow Grant
Is your nonprofit addressing health and human services needs for the undeserved in Lexington and Richland County?
The Milford Wessinger Building Better Tomorrow Grant funds proposals addressing the following human needs:
- Safe and secure shelter
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must have a physical location and provide services in Lexington and Richland County.
This Grant Will Not Fund
- Fundraising projects—including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Conference travel, underwriting or sponsorship
- Projects that restrict participation on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or gender expression.
Applicants may request up to $8,000.
The Community Foundation will award at least $23,000 in grants.
- January 15, 2019 - Application Opens
- February 26, 2019 - Application Closes
- May 1, 2019 - Applicants notified of Application Status
- June 1, 2019 - Project Starts
- December 31, 2019 - Project Ends
How to Apply
Use the link below to begin your online application. Please note, mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
If your nonprofit received a Milford Wessinger Building Better Tomorrow grant, please use this link below to submit your grant report.
Applications will be reviewed by the Community Impact Committee of Central Carolina Community Foundation. Final funding decisions are made by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Declinations will be emailed.
For further information, please contact Jamesha Shackerford 803.509.5073, or email Jamesha@yourfoundation.org.