Fred Harmon started his scholarship fund to foster a new generation of civic-minded innovators.Read more
Scholarship Application Information
Scholarship applications for 2018-2019 will open on January 1, 2018
The Community Foundation's online scholarship application makes it easy for students to apply for scholarships. Students only need to complete one application and are automatically matched with each scholarship opportunity for which they qualify. Applications open annually in January each year.
Information/documents needed when submitting your scholarship application:
1. Transcript that shows most recent cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. (PDF Format)
2. SAT and/or ACT score and copy of scoresheet (PDF Format)
3. Personal statement: This essay should help the reviewer learn about your personal history, perspectives, goals and interest. Be sure to include your education plans and career goals as well. Please review your essay for grammatical and spelling errors before you submit it. Your personal statement should not exceed 600 words.
4. The name and email address of two individuals (non-family member) who will complete a recommendation form on your behalf. Please note: a letter of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of the recommendation form. Each applicant will be required to enter the name and email address of the recommender on the application. Each recommender will then be emailed by email@example.com to request they complete a recommendation form. These two recommendations must also be completed no later than March 5.
5. Family’s 2016 gross household income
2018-2019 Application Timeline
- January 1, 2018 - Application Opens
- March 5, 2018 - Application Closes
- June 1, 2018 - Notification Sent to Students