At a Glance
Capacity Building mini-grants provide funds to Sumter nonprofits to assist with organizational and financial stability, improved governance, and growth — allowing them to carry out their missions more effectively. Our grants will fund activities that will build and maintain organization-level infrastructure and governance. This includes projects to improve the organization’s:
- Organizations must be determined a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must have a physical location in Sumter County.
Examples of Non-Eligible Activities
- Routine operating expenses of the organization
- Fundraising projects — including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Individual conference registration
- Costs associated with the creation of a new nonprofit organization
- Completed projects or proposals that have begun implementation
- Grants to individuals
- Certifications or tuition fees
Applicants may request up to $3,000.
Note: The Community Foundation acknowledges general costs are associated with operating a nonprofit. As such, grantees may allocate up to 15% of their grant award for general and administrative costs (i.e. overhead or indirect costs).
- February 1 – Application Opens
- February 28 – Application Closes
- April – Applicants notified of Application Status (Declinations will be emailed)
- June 1 – Project Starts
- November 30 – Project Ends
- December 15 – Final Report Due
Information for Grant Recipients
All grantees are required to submit a final report within 30 days of expensing grant funds or 15 days after grant period ends, whichever comes first. Grantees should log into the CCCF grant portal to complete the assigned final report.
Applications will be reviewed by the Sumter Community Foundation Board of Advisors. Final funding decisions are made by Central Carolina Community Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Declinations will be emailed.
RETURN BACK TO GRANT OPPORTUNITIES