The One SC Fund: COVID-19 Response, housed at Central Carolina Community Foundation, has awarded $940,600 to 48 organizations across South Carolina. The grants were awarded through a targeted approach to... Read More
Responding to State-Declared Emergencies
The One SC Fund provides grants to nonprofits to fund relief, recovery and/or rebuilding assistance programs from state-declared emergencies.
One SC Fund Impact
$10,426,777 distributed to nonprofits to support disaster recovery projects across SC since 2015
620,300 individuals received assistance with basic needs such as food, rent and utility assistance, health care and shelter.
2,300 families able to return home after disasters
4 state-declared disasters supported by the fund since 2015, including The Thousand-Year Flood, Hurricane Matthew, and Hurricane Florence
Donations to the One SC Fund are being accepted and will help continue the work of serving those impacted by past, current and future disasters that hit our state.
99% of all money donated to the One SC Fund will be granted to local nonprofits providing disaster relief and recovery. The remaining 1% of money donated will be directed to research, outreach, reporting and the administration and oversight of grant contracts.
Donations are also accepted through the mail at:
Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
2142 Boyce Street, Suite 402
Columbia, SC 29201
Please make checks payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
Nonprofits: Apply for a Grant
Additional Information About This Fund
- Former Governor Nikki Haley recruited a team of notable South Carolinians who have helped promote giving to the fund, including David Beasley, Tajh Boyd, Stephen Colbert, Jay Hass, Marcus Lattimore, Edwin McCain, Bob McNair, Craig Melvin, Chris Randolph, Jerry Richardson, Joe Riley, Darius Rucker, Steve Spurrier, Dawn Staley, Dabo Swinney, and Anita Zucker.
- The Community Foundation’s board provided the initial funding of $50,000 and additional donations were received from across the country.
- Former Governor Nikki Haley’s Original Six Foundation donated $55,000 to underwrite administration of the fund so that 100% of the dollars raised went to local organizations aiding those in need. In addition, a matching challenge gift of $100,000 was donated by the Lipscomb Family Foundation.
- The fund has been endorsed by the Midlands Regional Mayors and has received financial support from corporations, foundations, and individuals across the Midlands and our state.
For individuals seeking assistance from disasters, we recommend calling the United Way of South Carolina’s 2-1-1 hotline.
For individuals seeking volunteer opportunities, please visit the United Way of South Carolina’s Volunteer page at www.volunteersc.org.
Listen to our President & CEO, JoAnn Turnquist, speak on a Center for Disaster Philanthropy webinar panel about Hurricane Florence recovery here.